In support of the Lakota School District vision of:
“All Lakota students will achieve to their fullest potential”,
the Lakota Athletic Department has developed the following mission statement:
Lakota Athletic Department
The mission of Lakota athletics is to extend educational
opportunities so students can compete in a manner that
promotes personal development, fosters teamwork, and
teaches important life skills necessary for becoming a valued
member of society
Mission Statement Supporting Language
- Physical development prep, conditioning, strength.
- Develop individual skills in their sport.
- Promote a healthy lifestyle.
- Drive to your personal best.
- Personal discipline and accepting responsibility for actions.
- Promote sense of community.
- Being a part of big picture / commitment to a cause.
- Promote learning of team.
- Responsibility to the team.
- Teach cooperation.
- Promote the importance of team winning versus individual scoring.
- Teach young people how to compete.
- Reinforce classroom learning and academic achievement directly.
- Develop character.
- Teach life skills of hard work, dealing with success and failure.
- Coach as counselor.
- Tolerating others faults and shortcomings while appreciating their strengths.
- Leadership and following.
- Teaching tolerance.
- Teach sportsmanship.
- Social growth.
- Handling conflict.