If you wish to continue receiving Lakota notifications, please pay close attention to this update. All parents, guardians, staff and community members are required to take action.
Lakota is upgrading its mass notification system for delivering important school and district messages via email, phone and text message. Effective July 1, all Lakota communications will be disseminated from our new communications platform, providing these improved benefits to you:
- Customize your notification preferences. Choose which phone numbers and email addresses should receive which types of communications – emergency, weather-related or general school/district news and announcements.
- No more annual updates. The new system automatically recognizes your associated school(s), grade level(s) and even language preference, and will update as this information changes in our student and staff databases.
Please take actionto ensure you continue receiving important communications from Lakota in the manner you wish to receive them.
- Manage your sign-ups from a single platform. While we still ask that parents and guardians keep their information in Home Access Center updated for one-on-one communication needs, all mass notification sign-ups will happen in one location now.
For Parents, Guardians & Staff...
Please log into Info Center to make sure the phone numbers and email addresses being automatically pulled from our systems are accurate and up-to-date.
- Click on “Sign Up” and access your account using the email address associated with Home Access Center (parents/guardians) or your Lakota email address (staff). To set up and access your account, you will need to create a new password.
In the future, use this portal to update your settings and review an archive of Lakota messages. You might also consider downloading the mobile app for easy, on-the-go access. Click here for step-by-step instructions for using Info Center.
- On your first login, you will be able to specify if you wish to be emailed, called and/or texted for emergencies, weather-related notifications and/or general district/school news. You will also have the opportunity to add additional phone numbers and email addresses that are not shown, by clicking on "Preferences."
If you are not a Lakota staff member or the parent/guardian of a current student, please log into our self-sign-up portal to quickly subscribe to district news, weather-related notifications or bid opportunity e-alerts for businesses.
No current subscribers who are not current staff, parents or guardians will be retained in the new system. You must sign up to continue receiving Lakota news.