About Our Program
In response to a federal mandate, the Lakota Local School District, in 1990, developed a preschool program to serve children 3 – 5 years of age with a wide range of disabilities qualifying for special education services. A program model was adopted to include children with typical development in order to provide for a more appropriate and enriching learning experience.
The program provides a nurturing environment that supports the intellectual, academic, and social growth of young children. It is designed to serve both students with a range of disabilities as well as typical preschool students who pay a tuition to attend. The model is built on the premise that preschool-aged students with disabilities, as well as those with typical learning styles, can both benefit and grow academically by learning alongside one another. "Center-based classrooms" are comprised of equal numbers of both types of learners.
While preschool staff are contracted by the Butler County Educational Service Center, educators work collaboratively with Lakota's administrators to combine resources and ensure a successful transition to kindergarten.
Preschool is offered at three early childhood school locations:
|Creekside Early Childhood School
5070 Tylersville Road
West Chester, OH 45069
513-870-5378 (preschool number)
|Shawnee Early Childhood School
9394 Sterling Drive
Cincinnati, OH 45241
|Liberty Early Childhood School
6040 Princeton Road
Liberty Township, OH 45011
- Morning or afternoon programs (no full-day sessions available).
- AM Session - 9:30 a.m. - 12:15 p.m.
- PM Session - 1:15 p.m. - 4 p.m.
- Four day program (Monday through Thursday)
- Students currently enrolled may remain in the program without participating in the lottery, provided they meet age requirements.
- Transportation is the responsibility of the parent, guardian or caregiver.
- Siblings of children returning to the program are given priority during the registration process.
- Children must be three years old on or before Aug. 1 during the year they wish to enroll.
- Children who are five years old on or before Aug. 1 are not eligible.
- If your child is eligible for kindergarten, he/she is not eligible for this program.
- Children must be toilet-trained, or in the process of being toilet-trained.
- Families must reside within the Lakota School District by the end of the application deadline.
Tuition & Fees
The current annual tuition rate for the 2016-17 school year is $2,403. Fees for the 2017-18 school year have not been finalized and will be communicated at a later date. A $50.00 non-refundable registration fee will be due after the lottery is held and upon acceptance into the program. This fee will be applied to the last month's tuition. Lakota's preschool program is funded by a combination of state and
local funding. This funding does not cover all expenses. Tuition
payments help defray the excess costs.
Due to the limited number of tuition-based seats, a
lottery is typically held in late February, with applications accepted during January.
Students currently enrolled may remain in the program without participating in the lottery, provided they meet age requirements. Siblings of children returning to the program are given priority during the registration process.
Parents interested in learning about the
tuition-based program are also invited to attend an informational
meeting in January, where preschool staff are available to answer
questions and give an
overview of the program.
All registration dates and applications are available on the Enrollment Center's Preschool Registration site.